- Teaching and guiding Clinical nurses.
- Improve administration with proper guidelines and protocols for evidence based nursing practice.
- Plan and carry out journal club activities.
- Do research on outcome measures etc.
- Perform administrative duties as such schedule appointments, courtesy follow up, maintain file in the system.
- Build up a rapport with the customers.
- Undertake other adhoc duties when necessary.
- Candidate must possess at least a Masters Degree in Nursing with focus on Oncology / Palliative Care
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English. Other local dialects will be added advantage
- Applicants must be willing to work in Ipoh city and surrounding areas.
- 1 full-Time position(s) available.
- Attractive remuneration package, based on experience.
- Basic + Incentive + Performance bonus.
Interested and qualified applicants can send in their CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be A Volunteer
Volunteers are a very important part of our team. You can join our existing groups with special function or offer your service only for a specific project. Our activities include :
- Home Care Support
Volunteers are required to undergo a basic foundation programme and hands on training. Only selected suitable volunteers will be able to assist the nurses in the care of our patients under the Home Care Programme.
Our office periodically requires some administrative assistance. Duties include answering phone calls, attending to patient family registration enquiries and attending to requests for equipment loans amongst others.
- Exhibition and Education
Every year, our society may participate in promotional exhibitions held at various venues around Ipoh and/or organise educational talks and seminars. Volunteers are needed to assist at these events and promote the services of the society.
- Fund Raising
Ad hoc fundraising activities from selling various handicrafts to organising food fairs are part of the varied roles the fund raising volunteer may engage in.
- Patchwork Gang
Every wednesday afternoon, a group of volunteers convene at the centre for some craftwork. The craftwork will be sold at various functions to raise funds for the society. If you have an interest in craftwork, do come and join us for some fun and laughter.
- Sunshine Hour
Patients who have been ill for a long period of time and their care-givers at home often feel isolated socially and marginalized. Once a month, abled patients, carers and volunteers come together for a day of bonding. Past activities include craftwork, outings, simple exercise and game sessions amongst others. Not forgetting the important “makan” session that is always food for the soul. Since its inception, the Sunshine Hour has quickly gained popularity and is much looked forward to as a respite for the patients out of their mundane lifestyle. Volunteers are welcome to participate.
- Hospital Visitation
These volunteers visit patients in the Palliative Care Unit of the Ipoh Hospital and private hospitals. Again, training will be required and provided.
If you would like to learn more about palliative care and becoming a volunteer, our Volunteer Coordinator will be happy to speak to you. Volunteers are required to go through a Volunteer Training Programme. You may find that this is one of the most rewarding activities you have ever undertaken.